THE STEPS OF A RESEARCH STUDY
To participate in a clinical research study, you will need to
first attend a screening visit to ensure you are healthy and you qualify for the study for which you have applied.
The screening visit consists of the following:
- Registration (your government ID is required)
- Review of the study’s consent document to ensure you understand the details relating to your participation in the study, including risks
- Review of your medical history, a blood pressure test and an ECG
- Blood draw and urine test
- Physical exam and meeting with our physician to review the previously completed documents and provide you with an opportunity to obtain answers to any remaining questions you may have
Your stay at Algorithme Pharma
For many of our studies, you may stay at our clinic for 24 to 48 hours. During your stay you will be served hot meals. You will receive the study medication, and may have 17 to 30 blood samples collected (tubes range from 4 to 6 mL each). The blood sampling as well as any other tests, will be explained to you during your screening visit.
We encourage you to bring things that will help pass your free time while on study.
- 60” flatscreen TVs
- DVD players
- High speed internet
- Board games
- Newspapers and magazines
And you can bring
- Your clothing and bedding
- Your cellphone
- Laptop or tablet computer
- MP3 player with headphones
- Playstation or Xbox
- DS or PSP
- Knitting or scrapbooking
After your stay
Follow up visit
After your stay, you may need to come back for an additional blood sample(s) or other follow up tests.
After your last visit, you will receive your stipend. Then you will be ready to start all over again! Most studies require you to wait one to two months before applying for the next study.
Monday to Friday - 7:30 a.m to 8:00 p.m
Saturday - 9:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m
Sunday - 11:00 a.m to 5:00 p.m
Local - 701 356-4000
Toll Free - 1844 881-2546 (ALGO)
4837 Amber Valley Parkway
Fargo, ND 58104
Review and Register for Upcoming Clinical Studies
See available studies